SINGLE UNIT STRINGS
- A single unit string consisting of a geophone, a plastic, aluminum or stainless steel case and a cable with connectors will provide vibration measurements in a single axis. This system is ideal for most vibration measurement applications and our single unit strings can be supplied with either a vertical, horizontal or omni-directional geophone. A varied selection of mounting options, cable types and connectors are available for single unit strings.
STRING OF GEOPHONES
- Multiple geophones can be strung together to gather data by changing the time component with the placement of geophones a distance apart. The varying arrival time of the signal at each geophone aids in the location of the source of the vibration. This can be particularly useful in security applications for easily locating the source of an alarm.
A broad range of mounting options, connectors and spacing intervals are available for geophone strings.
MULTI COMPONENT CASE
- If vibration measurement of more than one axis is required, then our multi component case is the correct choice for the application.
By housing three geophones in a single case, the following parameters are consistently applied to each geophone:
• The vibration signal arrives at the same time
• The amplitude of the signal remains constant
• The temperature of the geophones within the case are equal
Our multi component cases are supplied with one vertical and two horizontally orientated geophones and your choice of cable lengths and connector types.