- The SM-24 geophone element is designed to offer the highest performance in seismic exploration based upon field-proven ION Sensor technology.
Low distortion, combined with excellent specifications, provide high-fidelity data in 2-D and 3-D surveys. The extended bandwidth allows the full potential of 2-ms/24-bit recording systems to be realized.
The tight specifications, unique element design, and exceptional quality of the Sensor SM-24 make it the lowest life cycle cost of ownership geophone in the industry.
Applications: 2-D & 3-D seismic exploration with bandwidth from 10 Hz up to 240 Hz.
Implementation: Can be installed in a variety of ION Sensor geophone cases.
- The SM-4 digital-grade geophone element is designed for low weight, long field-life, and ultra reliable performance. Precision engineered components and computerized test equipment ensure consistency in manufacture and operation throughout and beyond the limited replacement guarantee period of three years.
Applications: 2-D and 3-D seismic exploration with bandwidth from 10 Hz up to 190 Hz.
Implementations: Can be installed in a variety of standard ION Sensor geophone cases.
- The SM-6 geophone is a long coil travel version of the time-proven SM-4 geophone.
The extra coil travel offers an advantage for higher tilt requirements and where larger amplitude signals may be encountered, for example, in industrial vibration monitoring. A range of natural frequencies is available from 4.5 Hz to 14 Hz, providing choice of the correct geophone for a wide variety of applications. The SM-6 can be supplied in vertical, horizontal, and omni-directional orientation. Other specialized versions are available upon request, for example, Galperin (54.7°), 45°. The SM-6 is an ideal choice for the shear-wave horizontal elements, partnering an SM-4 vertical geophone in a 3-component package.
A variety of ION Sensor cases can accommodate the SM-6 geophone elements, making them suitable for an extensive range of field and industrial applications.
SM-45 Miniature High Temperature Geophone
- The Miniature High Temperature Geophone is optimized for size and performance where volume and weight are important
factors. This product is available as a 15 Hz omni-tilt unit for 3-component devices for special applications such as seismic
recording in deviated wells.
Sensor offers a selection of miniature high temperature
geophones capable of working in the most hostile temperature
environments. The primary use of the product is for VSP tools,
3C downhole arrays and industrial vibration monitoring where
temperatures may exceed the 100°C operational limit of
- The SM-11 geophone is suitable for use in extended frequency, high-resolution surveys. It has a
natural frequency of 30 Hz and a spurious frequency of over 500 Hz, providing a sensor suitable for
use with 1-ms sampling recording systems. The use of a special magnetic circuit makes the output
of this geophone higher than normal 30-Hz geophones, ensuring adequate signal strength. The high
natural frequency spring design also allows this geophone to be used in any orientation (vertical,
horizontal, or inverted).
The SM-11 can be installed in the ION Sensor PE-11 land case.
Typical application: high-resolution seismograph reflection studies.
SM-7m Miniature Geophone
- The SM-7m miniature geophone is optimized for size and performance where volume and weight are
important. The 10-Hz vertical and horizontal versions are available for 3-component devices and security applications. The 30-
Hz, omni-tilt unit (with a clean response from 30 Hz to over 900 Hz) is ideal for ultra high-resolution,
LF-24 Low Frequency Geophone
- The LF-24 Low Frequency Geophone is optimized for size and performance where weight and cost
are important factors in vibration monitoring and low-frequency seismic measurement. The device
uses a low-power electronic circuit to provide reverse filtering function below the geophone’s natural
frequency, extending the recording bandwidth down to 1 Hz. The compensation circuit permits the use
of a higher natural frequency geophone, allowing for high shock peaks that could seriously damage
conventional low-frequency geophones. The electronics are fully potted in epoxy resin for reliability;
a 5-pin, water-tight connector is provided for signal output and power supply. The low-impedance output
matches many recording devices, and the electrical load will not affect the damping characteristics.
Applications: vibration monitoring, low-frequency seismic measurement, blast monitoring, vibration
measurement of buildings, & site engineering.